remember last week when the hawt mom monday post gave you the warm fuzzies and you got all "yea i totally do laugh at myself and i'm such a hawt mom for it"? so do i.
but this week mamas, we are typing serious business. we are talking handbags. and not just any handbags.
diaper bags.
oh. diaper bags. possibly the most stressful thing to register for. and such a token item for any hawt mom. because for real? hawt mom's have hawt diaper bags. comme ca:
and not comme ca:
one of my sisters carries this crazy birkin-style yellow patent leather mega-sized designer diaper bag, and the other one carries a gucci. they are totes hawt moms.
the first time around, i kept it classic with an all-black tote a la pottery barn. next time, i hope to upgrade.
i know it's shallow. materialistic. [aren't you past that materialistic stuff kare?] hey, i said i still like nice things.
but when you're heading out of the house for an outing after being up all night with a teething baby or a toddler who just HAD to have his weeeenew [fire truck] brought into his crib at 3 am or woke up at 5 thinking it's time to get up and could not be otherwise convinced so your eyes are puffy and your outfit is less than stellar and your hawt mom jeans were just out of the dryer so too tight for the run to old navy ... a hawt mom handbag will do just the trick and help you still look the part.
-kare


I love this Karen! It's so true. I have been on the hunt for a good "diaper bag" for awhile. I've been through a couple of large purses that have worked but I haven't found my dream bag yet. Perhaps that's because I'm afraid the price tag will make me a little weak in the knees. Hopefully one day I'll find "that" bag and it won't break the bank too much!
ReplyDelete